Cyber MayDay: Who Is in Command When Your Business is in the Crosshairs and How Do You Respond?
From Katie Gentilello
Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga. 14), in cooperation with the Georgia Institute of Technology, hosts a conversation for executives and thought leaders in Atlanta about cybersecurity policy and technical challenges that are stifling industry innovation today and leaving companies vulnerable. Of importance to discuss:
Who protects critical business infrastructure from cyberattacks? What forms of retaliation should be permissible? Should companies be allowed to take active-defense measures? What will deter hackers?
When governments engage in nation-state cyberattacks, how can businesses avoid becoming a proxy battleground?
How can public policy be improved to help industry and governments protect one another?
Featuring a diverse and bipartisan panel:
- Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga. 14), Chairman, House Committee on Appropriations: Subcommittee on Financial Services & General Government
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz. 9), House Committee on Financial Services
- Peter Swire, associate director - policy, Institute for Information Security & Privacy at Georgia Tech
- Candace Worley, chief technical strategist, McAfee
- Stephen Pair, co-founder, president & CEO, Bitpay
- John Lens, senior vice president, VMware - Network and Security Business Unit