Intellectual Property Seminar Series: Trademark for Business - Craig Morris
From Kathryn Gentilello on April 10th, 2017
This session is led by Mr. Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach. He will discuss the following topics:
- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- Why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- What if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter?
- Information on applying to seek federal registration and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
- What happens after registration?