Lecture 1: Stochastic Methods for Robotics - Gregory S. Chirikjian
From Katie Gentilello on June 26th, 2017
Instructor: Gregory S. Chirikjian, Johns Hopkins University
Reading Materials: Slides for lectures will be distributed. Additionally, two books by the instructor may be consulted for greater detail:
- “Stochastic Models, Information Theory, and Lie Groups, Vols. 1+2'' Birkhauser, 2009, 2012
(Available as PDF from the Georgia Tech Library).
- “Harmonic Analysis for Engineers and Applied Scientists'', Dover, 2016
(Available from Amazon for ~$25.)
Each lecture is a two-hour session with a 10-minute break in the middle.
Lecture 1 (June 12):
• Introduction and Overview of Problem Domains
• Fourier Analysis on the Real Line and on the Circle
• The Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) and FFT
• Applications to Template Matching