Lecture 5: Stochastic Methods for Robotics - Gregory S. Chirikjian
From Kathryn Gentilello on June 26th, 2017
Instructor: Gregory S. Chirikjian, Johns Hopkins University
Reading Materials: Slides for lectures will be distributed. Additionally, two books by the instructor may be consulted for greater detail:
- “Stochastic Models, Information Theory, and Lie Groups, Vols. 1+2'' Birkhauser, 2009, 2012
(Available as PDF from the Georgia Tech Library).
- “Harmonic Analysis for Engineers and Applied Scientists'', Dover, 2016
(Available from Amazon for ~$25.)
Each lecture is a two-hour session with a 10-minute break in the middle.
Lecture 5 (June 19):
• What is a Lie Group?
• Fourier Analysis on Groups
• Gaussian Distributions on Groups
• Applications to Hand-Eye Calibration